- Everyone is responsible for continuous improvement, to enable a safe efficient and rewarding environment
- Ensure Sapphire’s Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to and promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant and consistent working practices.
- To understand and adhere to policies, procedures, processes and standards to deliver performance ethically, compliantly, competently and with pride in ‘doing the right thing’.
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences. Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential.
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working. To listen to each other and share knowledge, enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain.
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times. To always do what is right.
- To take personal responsibility and accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
- To establish a work environment where safety, health and customer service are naturally the first priority and to proactively take responsibility to ensure the safety and health of self and others.
Support Commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost for both Sapphire and our customers. Accurately value works undertaken and where necessary provide records to substantiate cost, ensure change control process is managed effectively in both Main and Subcontract. Manage client relationships at contract level.
- Review Commercial processes to ensure they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Contractual knowledge to communicate with relevant parties ensure understanding the terms of project/contract.
- Work efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines or other stress factors as they arise.
- Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements.
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlements are realised.
- Support Operational team in daily commercial and contractual aspects
- Ensuring proper contractual administration of contract/project assigned, including value and cost control, and maintenance of contemporaneous records
- Accurately value works undertaken and where necessary provide records to substantiate cost to allow prompt issue of Application for payment/invoice in line with contractual timescales
- Ensure change control process is managed effectively, including production of Early Warnings/Variations, maximizing entitlement
- Preparation of financial statements in respect to projects/contracts assigned, working with operational teams to confirm understanding of financial position, proactively instilling commercial awareness throughout the wider business.
- Support development of individuals within the commercial team.
- Accepts extra duties as situations arise.
- Management of Subcontract Accounts
- Able to travel and spend occasional nights away
- HNC in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Undergraduate degree in Quantity Surveying or similar advantageous
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in utilities industry desirable
- Experience in Jr QS or Assistant QS role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Strong knowledge of contracts
- Strong desire to maintain client relationships whilst not compromising contractual entitlement
- Strong communication and inter personal skills
- Ability to time manage and set priorities under tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic and energetic approach to people and projects
- Forward thinking and keen to develop smarter delivery of work
- Commercially and financially aware
- Able to work under own initiative
- Well organised
- Highly motivated
- Good communicator
- Takes responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude towards problem solving