Who are Sapphire Utility Solutions? And why you should work for us?
Established in 2013, Sapphire Utility Solutions has quickly become the partner of choice for many clients across the UK in our chosen markets. We provide award winning services to the clean water, wastewater, gas, digital networks and highways sector and are passionate about working alongside our client’s and partners to maintain the utility services essential to modern life.
About the Role –
Due to continued business growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join Sapphire Utility Solutions as a Traffic Management Supervisor.
You will be reporting to the Traffic Management Operations Manager and be responsible for the efficient running of the TMOS and Depot, with priority given to Health and Safety issues. Liaising with site managers and resolving any issues that come from live sites, ensure efficient use of the depot resources and making sure we have the right equipment to deliver the works.
Location: Wolverhampton Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 Depending on experience
Hours of work: 50 hours per week
Responsibilities – but not limited to:
- To effectively implement the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and promote at all levels, setting standards in Health and Safety Behaviour.
- Assist with the programming and delivery of works and ensuring correct level of resources are used.
- To follow approved accident and incident reporting process, complete paperwork and provide initial reports.
- Ensure TMOS have the correct documents and drawings for various schemes as required e.g., Method Statements, Risk Assessments, TM Layout drawings.
- Support the commercial team by maintaining accurate records of operations e.g., Plant and Labour reports.
- Stock control.
- Ensure the workforce understand what is required of them, instruction is given to individuals under their control regarding their duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- To ensure that any issues raised that cause concern are acted upon and resolved quickly.
- Undertake site inspections and audits to maintain and improve standards.
- Making up of signage.
- Checking of all signage and maintaining plant traffic signals.
Experience and qualifications require for the role:
> Experience in a similar role is essential.
> Be able to read and understand CAD drawings, in relation to the works required.
> Preferably to have mechanical ability in relation to traffic lights.
> Lantra 12d accreditation as a minimum TTMBC, 12d (M1, M2, M3, M5) Lantra 12 a/b accreditation, IPV driver.
What we are looking for
Whilst we are looking for the skills and knowledge to be able to carry out the responsibilities of the role, it’s just as important to have employees with a positive attitude or those who are looking for develop further and grow with the company.
We welcome employees from a diverse background. We treat people equally from all walks of life and welcome hard-working individuals who want to become part of the Sapphire family.
What you will get in return
In joining the Sapphire Family, you will be working as part of National Award-Winning Utilities Organisation, who recognise a good work ethic and positive attitude. You will be joining a company that has grown significantly over the last decade.
Death in Service
Employee Assistance Programme
Perk Box – discounts and benefits
Holiday Allowance + bank holidays
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wolverhampton: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- CSCS (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)