Who are Sapphire Utility Solutions? And why you should work for us?
Established in 2013, Sapphire Utility Solutions has quickly become the partner of choice for many clients across the UK in our chosen markets. We provide award winning services to the clean water, wastewater, gas, digital networks, and highways sector and are passionate about working alongside our client’s and partners to maintain the utility services essential to modern life.
About the Role –
Due to business expansion, we are currently looking for a Senior Environmental Manager based at our head office in Preston. You will be responsible for overseeing the environmental performance and for developing, implements and monitoring the environmental strategies that promotes sustainable development. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving stable and successful business.
· Do you fully understand Carbon Management and Science Based Targets
· Do you understand and can you demonstrate a full command of ESG and how to drive this into the Sapphire Business
· You must understand Sustainability across the business and be able to translate this into meaningful results
· Have you got working knowledge of ISO 14001 and associated supporting standards
· A clear knowledge of ESOS and Environmental statutory reporting criteria and have an ability to meet these reporting deadlines is crucial
· Communication skills essential – both internal and external with clients
· Previous experience in a corporate environment in essential
· You must have Microsoft Office experience and be able to produce reports both statistical and in written format therefore excel skills are also essential
Experience and qualifications required for the role:
· Diploma or Degree qualified in Environmental studies
· Excellent Listening and communications skills
· Customer and client interaction, at all levels
· Competent in IT
What we are looking for
Whilst we are looking for the skills and knowledge to be able to carry out the responsibilities of the role, it’s just as important to have employees with a positive attitude or those who are looking for develop further and grow with the company.
We welcome employees from a diverse background. We treat people equally from all walks of life and welcome hard-working individuals who want to become part of the Sapphire family.
Hours of work – 40 hours a week
What you will get in return
In joining the Sapphire Family, you will be working as part of National Award-Winning Utilities Organisation, who recognise a good work ethic and positive attitude. You will be joining a company that has grown significantly over the last decade.
Holiday Allowance 25 Days + bank holidays
Company Car or Allowance
Death in Service
Employee Assistance Programme
Perk Box – discounts and benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Company car
- 8-hour shift