Who are we, and why you should work for us?
Established in 2013, Sapphire Utility Solutions has quickly become the partner of choice for many clients across the UK in our chosen markets. We provide award winning services to the Clean Water, Waste Water, Gas, Digital Networks and Highways Sector and are passionate about working alongside our clients and partners to maintain the utility services essential to modern life.
Recognising the business ethos to be a catalyst for change, we have recently been named ‘Most Innovative Utility Company 2021’.
We are currently looking for a HR Business Partner to join our growing team. The core purpose of the role is to deliver the HR operational plans for areas support/contracts, in line with appropriate aspects of the HR strategy and to provide comprehensive HR advice and guidance to all partners, managers and employees.
- Own the employee life cycle and key people practices for areas such as onboarding, workforce planning, reward and recognition, career progression, engagement survey action planning
- Lead the delivery of regular/annual people processes for area/s of responsibility – performance management, pay review
- Devise, agree and ensure delivery of an operational people plan, aligned to the HR strategy. Influence SUS HR strategy to ensure the needs of areas of responsibility have solutions in place.
- Challenge managers to develop and demonstrate effective leadership and management behaviours
- Provide insight and credible advice on HR issues, demonstrating and providing a challenging and robust view to deliver true business value
- Ensure all people activities are delivered effectively, professionally and within required timescales
- Establish and maintain effective influencing relationships with line managers to ensure HR support is aligned to business needs and provide appropriate advice and guidance
- Work with leaders to identify and develop their talent and ensure we create as many career defining experiences for all our people e.g., learning resources, peer to peer learning, mentoring, job shadowing, projects etc.
- Deliver HR activities as appropriate for any merger, acquisition, JV and lateral hire activities to ensure effective integration of new people
- Facilitate discussions around change and transformation
- Deliver Diversity and Inclusion interventions to raise awareness, encourage open and honest conversations and allow our people to be themselves at work
- Position and market ideas so the business understands the benefits
- Work with people managers to support them to identify, build relationships with and attract future talent
- Provide development for managers on how to facilitate team reviews, setting goals and measuring results and how to have regular and human conversations
- Work to create a seamless employee experience (with HR team and other support functions).
- Support the delivery of ad-hoc projects as required
- Direct, support and develop direct report/s to effectively deliver the requirements of their current role and prepare for future progression.
We are looking for someone who
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organisation and with external clients
- Strong commercial mindset
- Ability to take direction from HR Director and members of the Senior Management team, executing work in an efficient manner
- Customer focussed with a professional outward attitude. Understanding what’s important to customer internally and externally
- Flexibility to undertake work across their area, in line with business need and able to adjust core working hours when required in line with operational delivery.
- Positive attitude to want to succeed for both yourself and the business
Knowledge and Experience
- CIPD or equivalent qualification (essential)
- Driving license – (essential)
- Sound up to date employment law knowledge and an understanding of its practical application with a commercial approach (essential)
- Organisation design and talent management (desirable)
- Organisation design and development
- Employee engagement
- Talent management
- Performance management and coaching
Death in Service
Employee Assistance Programme
Perk Box – discounts and benefits
Holiday Allowance 24 days + bank holidays
We are passionate about sustainability, delivery, innovation and safety, as well as taking care of our employees and upskilling them to be professionals in their area of expertise.