Sapphire Utilities is a leading provider of professional and technical support to the water industry, local government and private developers.
We are looking for a talented Project Manager with proven technical capacity and business acumen to join our water team.
Based in the Leeds/ Bradford area, this role will be delivering AMP7 capital programme for Yorkshire Water across clean and waste water sites.
You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team on a challenging mix of projects in water and wastewater engineering. If you are interested in working in a thriving business as part of a motivated and growing team, driving innovation and sustainable solutions then we are interested in hearing from you. ”
- The role is end to end project management, starting from inception stage and taking the project through various stages such as investigation, bid, outline design, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover.
- You will hold budgetary control, forecasting project expenditure and monitoring programme performance, whilst ensuring effective delivery. Responsible and accountable for the delivery of project on time and budget.
- Managing and overseeing the production of outline and detailed designs, reports, drawings, tender documents, specifications etc.
- Experience with programming (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems.
- Managing project budget and forecast accurately to client and company’s board of directors. Identifying and implementing cost reduction initiatives.
- Identifying and acquiring necessary project resources, managing staff forecast.
- Ensure the project specific Project Management Plan is developed and regularly updated throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Ensuring works procedures are compliant with the design, project management and quality plans.
- Ensure constructability and planning reviews are carried out in timely manner.
- Encourage and integrate innovation and cost effective working methods.
- Ensure change is managed effectively on the project and follow company quality management processes for the management of change on a project and follow TQ processes and Compensation Event processes under the contract.
- Manage Subcontractors and Suppliers on the project where appropriate and ensure the relevant NEC form of subcontract is used and complied with.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams through the project life-cycle, and experience of managing large workloads of multiple projects concurrently.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to present and communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to build, maintain and manage strong client relationships.
- Supporting and engaging in design reviews and HAZOP studies.
- Drive excellence in Health & Safety in design, ensuring a culture of safety by design by eliminating hazards and risks wherever possible.
- Monitoring and reporting against the project program
- Monitoring and pro-actively managing the project programme. Working closely with the construction managers, chairing programme meetings to co-ordinate the construction activities
- Manage risk and opportunities on all assigned projects
- You will ideally have significant experience in delivering Civil Engineering projects and qualifications in this discipline
- HND, HNC would be advantageous
- It is desirable that you possess a Project Management qualification or be working towards a qualification in this area. In addition, a good working knowledge of different contract types (including NEC), and different procurement options is desirable.
- Excellent report writing, communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience of water and wastewater projects.
- Confidence and experience of meeting with internal and external clients and of producing proposals.
- Willingness to travel to meet the needs of specific projects is desirable
- Analytical and problem solving, attention to detail and creative thinking.
- Experience in design and build projects.
- Expert user of Microsoft office suite.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Demonstrated experience in developing business and forming strong client relationships including an ability to deal directly with clients.
- A proven ability of managing and growing a team, with strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain a highly motivated project delivery team
- Preferably You will hold an HND, HNC civil engineering qualification.
- CSCS card holder, (Black card) or equivalent
- SMSTS 5day
- Good Knowledge of Engineering and Construction Contract NEC3
- Nice to have, Level 2 Medium Risk Confined Spaces
- Water Hygiene
- NRASWA Streetworks & Supervisor
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator
- Nice To have (First Aid at Work)