- Provide the coordination and support necessary to ensure a safe and efficient, customer focused operational delivery.
- Provide customer orientated management of each project including the effective planning associated with Gas, Water and Electric Networks and Contractor Partners to exceed customer expectations.
- Work within and promote the philosophy of team working and development across all Sapphire Utility Solutions (SUS) activities to achieve business objectives and improve performance.
- A scheduling background and commercial understanding supported by an understanding of multi-utility activities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of appropriate legislation ie Health & Safety at Work Act, Gas Act, Electricity at Work Act, Water Industry Act, NRSWA
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant business accreditations and the associated audit process
- Working knowledge of relevant Network codes of practice, engineering instructions, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of the Integrated Management System
- Experience of contractor management
- Strong and effective communication skills
- 2-3 years experience in multi utilities
EUSR (SHEA) Passport desirable
- Full range of SUS internal and external customers and representatives of other professional organisations such as architects, developers, financiers and highways authorities.
- Client, Site Staff & Operative, Sub-contractors and representatives from Network owners (ie DNO, IDNO)
- Support and guidance to operational staff/teams and customers relating to planning activity, technical matters and products relating to the connections business.
- Coordinate a variety of commercial projects in order that committed timescales are met and that income is recovered through effective project management.
- Provide input and influence to the award of project specific contracts whilst maintaining relationships with all tendering organisations.
- Ensure that accurate records are produced and maintained of work activities to satisfy all stakeholders and accreditation requirements.
- Management of project costs to deliver and exceed projected margin.
- Ensure all work is planned to demonstrate that it is in accordance with all appropriate codes of practice, company policy, procedures and current legislation.
- Undertake inspection of the contractor’s accreditations to ensure that they are relevant and valid.
- Procure materials within the specification of a project to the correct code of practice (where practicable).
- Effectively liaise with 3rd party service providers or other bodies where required ie Local Authorities, Fire Authorities, Network Owners.
- Understand and apply the submissions / closure process for each gas, water and electric network to deliver connections based on the correct as-laid information and test results.
- Attend pre-start site meetings to provide handover support to operational colleagues.
- Promote SUS products and develop key customer relationships.
- Demonstrate a lead on accreditation audits to demonstrate compliance within Delivery.