The Commercial Accountant role will work with the operational business delivering commercial and analytical information to support an exciting and growing business. Providing Financial business partnering to the commercial team, you will prepare divisional sales and margin reports, with variance analysis reporting, identifying trends to improve business performance.
You will be an experienced accountant who can demonstrate good management accounting skills and a flair for commercial development. You will ideally be a Qualified Accountant and have worked within a contracting environment. You will be intellectually astute with strong commercial acumen and a robust personality capable of challenging head on. Your career may be from an SME, corporate or professional services background, and your profile will include:
- Produce accurate and timely weekly P&L’s that deliver accurate costs delivered to operations and commercial partners. (CVRs).
- Performance Reporting – To manage the periodic reporting process, ensuring that the information generated is used to challenge performance and drive action. To generate ad-hoc information (normally commercial, purchasing, or operational related) to support the analysis of business performance.
- Provide Cost analysis for external parties, that will satisfy internal audit.
- Ensuring that actual costs are recovered within reported contracts and that variances are identified, analysed for trends etc.
- Provision of detailed KPI reports for the site, review of KPI data with operations to identify performance and process improvement opportunities.
- Challenge managers constructively to deliver business objectives.
- Support commercial partners in the development of business cases and adhoc analysis to further drive business performance and understanding the wider market conditions.
- Highly creative – you’ll enjoy working with data, visualisation, dashboards etc; we seek a visual storyteller with outstanding presentation, writing & reporting skills.
- A self-motivated team player with a proactive can-do attitude & ability to work at pace
- Very organised and able to multi-task, analytical & results focused
- An excellent communicator
This will be a varied and fast paced job role which will require you to manage a busy workload and prioritise to ensure deadlines are met
(No agencies please)