Sapphire Utility Solutions are looking for two trainee HSEQ Business Advisers in the midlands region. Whilst you may be working out of office in Derby we do have other locations in the midlands where you could be based on occasions.
We are looking at appointing two individuals who wish to embark on a career in Health Safety and Environmental. We are keen to develop the right candidates who are appointed and we will pay for the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
Working closely with the Health and Safety Managers, Directors and primarily the Operational Staff l you will be training to provide independent advice, guidance and support to operational managers across multi-discipline contracts in the midlands to ensure the effective and efficient management, and continuous improvement in HSEQ. You will be focusing on delivering contractual agreements of the client and frontline support to operative to embed good working practice and ensuring company policy and procedures are adhered to. Also to keep updated the safety management system and drive adoption of a more Human Factors based approach in support of management HSEQ engagement.
1. Support managers in the monitoring and management across multi-discipline contracts, with specific focus on risk identification, management and control through site inspection and audit. Collaborate to deliver support, general safety advice and guidance on relevant company standards and safe working practices. Assist and advise on risk assessments, ensuring employee involvement and timely review.
2. Work with the HSEQ department to implement the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Strategies and delivery plan.
3. Support on the development, administration and upkeep of the Safety Management Systems.
4. You will be trained to give advice on
· Deep Excavation
· Work Equipment
· GIRS / WIRS
· Environment & Sustainability
· Quality Management
5. Work collaboratively with SUS clients and as part of the wider safety team to ensure efficient working and the reduction of travel by supporting managers within your geographical region.
6. Support managers in the investigations into accidents, incidents, near misses across the service platforms are completed in a transparent and fair way, ensuring appropriate corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented and where appropriate lesson are shared across service platform and across G&W.
- Review platform specific operational procedures and systems of work and work with the Group Safety Team to ensure the Safety Management System is effective and appropriately communicated.
8. Support specific improvement initiatives and projects across all areas of health, safety and environment across the service platforms in pursuit of our shared goal of Zero Injuries and reducing our impact on the environment.
9. Ensuring the delivery of required basic health, safety, & environmental training.
- Communicate & engage with all employees when required, ensuring HSEQ procedures/policies are understood. Adopting a coaching & mentoring style.
11. Support in the management of reporting requirements, ensuring all notification and report are sent in a timely manner for the service platform and appropriate and timely reports are produced covering key leading and lagging indicators and that these are supported by appropriate analysis to ensure both that the function is effective and tackling the most pressing issues and that management are held account for individual and platform performance, adhering to the 2 2 2 process.
- Carry out internal audits and assist managers in the implementation of recommendation, preventative and corrective actions.
13. Deliver duties as identified within the SMS, HSEQ improvement plan and other relevant documents
14. Get involved in any ad hoc projects, as may be required from time to time.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a career! Perhaps you have worked in the Utilities industry and wish to move to work in health and safety or you have worked in a different field but wish to pursue a new career. However the candidate must be :
· Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
· Excellent oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers
· Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information
· Attacks goals and objectives with drive, energy and enthusiasm with a passion for excellence.
· Embraces new challenges, is hands on operationally and gets things done.
· Listens attentively to others’ perspectives and provides empathetic, constructive feedback and coaching.
This is a full time permanent role 40 hours a week – travel will be in additional on occasions in the region
The package includes a company van with fuel card
Pension Scheme/death in service
Car parking at the regional offices
Subsidised Restaurants at the Regional office in Derby
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Derby, DE24 8HY: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)