Sapphire Utility Solutions are a leading provider of award-winning services to the clean water, wastewater, gas, digital networks and highways sector. Established in 2013, we have quickly gone from strength to strength and continue to grow.
As an experienced Traffic Management Operative, you will be required to work on Traffic Management Schemes for a range of projects, helping them to run smoothly and efficiently to achieve maximum production in a working day, whilst maintaining a high Health and Safety standard.
This role requires flexibility due to the nature of the business. You must be able to work both days and nights, including some weekends as required. You must have a can do and responsible attitude to work, and .
The role is 50 hours per week, you will also be required to go on a standby rota and be flexible to the business needs in working nights and weekends. This is a full time position within a growing, and busy department.
- You will oversee all methods of traffic management; Give and take, Priority, Stop/Go boards, Portable traffic signals, Convoy working, Road closures, Lane closures and diversions.
- You must make sure all work is carried out according to safe working methods and best practice procedures.
- You will carry out risk assessments and method statements on works involving traffic management.
- You will ensure that all activities associated with the job are carried out according to laid down procedures where possible.
- Identify areas that can be improved and report to your line manager.
- You will ensure that daily vehicle checks are carried out to ensure cleanliness and tidiness of vehicle and the safety of the driver and passenger.
- You will promote positive company image whilst at work (via wearing of company clothing, attitude, and site cleanliness).
- You will demonstrate initiative by constantly looking to see where improvements can be made.
- You will be happy to assist the public, directing them through safe site lines when required.
- You will ascertain when management intervention is required
Experience and Qualifications, needed for this role:
Lantra 12d accreditation as a minimum TTMBC, 12d (M1, M2, M3, M5) Lantra 12 a/b accreditation, IPV driver, foreman advantageous
Provide evidence that you understand the differences between Chapter 8 and the Safety at Street Works and Road Works (red book) and how these apply Full valid UK driving licence
Be able to read and understand CAD drawings, in relation to the works required Preferably to have mechanical ability in relation to Traffic Lights
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £29,000.00-£31,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wolverhampton, WV10 6AJ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- CSCS (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)