Sapphire Utility Solutions are looking for a Site Manager in the Yorkshire Region to take responsibility for work being carried out on sites in the region.
The role :
· Leads and controls foremen, skilled labour and work crews engaged in all activities concerned with the civil works aspects of the project. Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the works. Able to demonstrate good organizational skills, following policies, procedures, and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
· Ability to produce method statements and procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. Keeps records of all work completed and completion of “Action Lists”.
· Commands respect of his workforce and develops excellent working relationships with all other department personnel as well as client management.
· Must be a good communicator. Able to give instructions in an efficient and effective way to his workforce. Liaises with discipline foremen to ensure the optimum utilization of available work, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
· Ability to read and interpret drawings, including excavation dimensions, pipe and re‐bar angles, concrete mixtures, location, and placement of pipe sections.
· Ensures that work crews are properly supplied with tools, equipment, and materials. Prevents wastage and misuse of equipment, materials, and tools. Supervises work crews to best utilize manpower and materials, exercises discipline at the work site to prevent absenteeism, unsafe work practices and idleness.
· Familiar with all HS&E also QA/QC procedures, regulations and strictly enforces them with the workforce under his responsibility.
· Identifies, formulates, and implements “on‐the‐job” training programs for the workforce under his responsibility.
· Complies with the highest level of safety during all stages of project execution to avoid any type of incidents and or accidents. Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
· Complies with all statutory requirements connected with the implementation of all projects that fall under there remit.
· Programme the works in advance looking ahead and meeting delivery dates for contract completion on the YW framework.
· High standard of safety, environmental awareness
· Coordinating multi-site civil projects
· Excellent communication skills
· Supervising multi-disciplined teams
· Able to motivate construction teams
· Experience of water and wastewater projects.
· Able user of Microsoft office suite, word, excel, power point.
· Feed programme information into the Programmer for updates
· Quality outputs driven
· Level of commercial awareness
· Competent in MS Project, Work and Excel.
· Giving toolbox talks to work force.
· SMSTS 5-day course
· CSCS site Manager / supervisor
· Utility Services Coordinator
· SEATS CITB Environmental Training, desirable but some form of environmental training required.
· Lift Supervisor
· Confined Spaces
· First Aid
· Cat and Genny
· Temporary Works Co-ordinator
· Appointed Person, LOLER & PUWER, Slinging Techniques BS7121 Parts 1 & 111
· EUSR, Certificate
Hours of works 42.5 per week – must be flexible
Benefits include: Pension, death in service, perk box discount
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £42,000.00-£450,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability