Sapphire Utility Solutions are looking for a Senior Streetworks Administrator to work on a new contract that they have won! So due to growth in the business we are looking for an experienced candidate to join.
To act as an internal auditor undertaking checks of site photos recorded by the on-site teams of works been undertaken on all types of Sapphire Utility Solutions works on the across all contracts, to ensure the photos are in accordance with the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 and its relevant codes of practice, the Traffic Management Act 2004 and Highway Authorities Permit Schemes. To produce reports following the checks undertaken reporting both passes and fails. And ensuring the photo records provide valuable information to SUS to be able to challenge or rebut challenges to fines or defects imposed by HA. To investigate section 74 fines, FPN’s and Defects against current legislation and to be able to challenge or mitigate liability or charges. To be able to process agreed defects in line with section 72 of the NRASWA 1991 and the Codes of Practice for Inspections via Street Manager and clients API systems.
· Clear and prompt reporting of issues found from photo checks undertaken
· To support site Agents/Managers and on-site teams any issues found and assist in resolving the issues to be in line with the relevant codes of practice in particular the Safety at Street Works and Roads Works (the red book) and the Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways (the SROH) and UU procedures.
· Ensures Local Authority issues are closed in a timely manner
· Ensure SUS liability issues actioned and are closed in a timing manner, working with other SUS teams to reduce the cost of failure.
· Check Street Manager or API supporting systems for section 72 defects issued by HA and manage the backfields process within SUS as an end-to-end process
· Process and manage external defects issued by Ha’s
· Check Street Manager or API supporting systems for charges relating to section 72 defects and related comments from HA
· Produce and assist with the production of reports showing SUS performance and look for trends showing issues with current performance and develop action plans to improve performance levels.
· To system monitor photos captured by SUS gangs on siting in as real time as possible for compliance in relation to the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 and its relevant codes of practice, the Traffic Management Act 2004 and Highway Authorities Permit Schemes
· Update systems with photos received for onsite teams.
· Challenge failures where appropriate in line with evidence and current legislation and advice
· Support the area Streetworks Compliance Manager/Director and other members of the Streetworks Team as required.
· Update STW spreadsheets with follow up audits undertaken.
· Validation of all permits related charges (variations etc.), including adhering to deadlines to avoid default acceptance of charges
· Check for FPN’s received and provide feedback to SUS managers on findings of liability/mitigation in line with current guidance and legislation
· Check Section 74 received and provide feedback to SUS managers on findings of liability/mitigation in line with current guidance and legislation
· To be able to work across all SUS contracts on different systems as required.
· To be able to works as part of a SUS Streetworks and compliance team across different contracts.
Person Person Specification / Required Competencies
Training & Qualifications
· The New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 and its relevant codes of practice
· Highway Authority Permit Schemes
Knowledge & Experience
· A high level of experience and knowledge of Permit Schemes and Street Manager
· A high level of experience in the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 and its relevant codes of practice
· Working knowledge of HAUC UK advice notes
· Have understanding and operational experience with experience in working with internal and external partners
· Understand Streetworks and can engage with HA’s / LA’s and relevant stakeholders to implement Streetworks improvement
· A good understanding and level of customer relationship
· Experience with Network & Asset Management software i.e., Street Manager/Eton or similar
· Proven industry experience in Streetworks and or the construction industry
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 40 hours a week
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £27,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Preston, PR5 6BQ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)