Sapphire Utility Solutions are looking for a reinstatement supervisor reporting to the Area Manager of the Severn Trent Clean Water Contract.
As a Reinstatement supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising reinstatement teams across our contract. Working to meet the needs of the client’s SLA’s in the most productive and cost-effective manner. You will provide technical expertise, experience and work within a team to deliver a first-class service to our customers.
You will be able to engineer solutions on site and focus your teams on completing work right first time.
You will work with the scheduling team ensuring programmes are managed and delivered accordingly. You will provide support to ensure that the company’s work is effectively completed through communication with internal and external customers, as well as the management of the business and client database systems.
- You will have operational responsibility for the reinstatement teams and their in-day activities
- You will organise labour in the most cost-effective way, including recruitment, disciplinary action, wages and absence management
- You will manage all other resources e.g. sub-contractors, materials and plant
- You will carry out team briefings with teams on a monthly basis
- You will coach and develop staff to reach their potential. Ensure a fair and consistent culture with the teams
- You will help manage the WIP and cover programme and ensure KPIs are met
- You will help manage the defect programme and ensure that KPIs are met and Highway Meetings are attended
- You will carry out documented audits, checking quality of the work and coaching teams/individuals to ensure the right behaviours are always exhibited.
- You will liaise with the Support Services and Streetworks Team to ensure that FPN and Section74 liabilities are managed
- You will be a Health & Safety Representative, which will include undertaking health & safety inspections in and around the workplace, raising health & safety related matters with management and investigating reportable accidents or incidents as and when they occur
Hours of work – 50 hours a week. Flexibility needed for weekends and on call
24 days holiday plus bank holidays
Vehicle or allowance provided
Pension scheme, death in service