Who are Sapphire Utility Solutions? And why you should work for us:
Established in 2013, Sapphire Utility Solutions has quickly become the partner of choice for many clients across the UK in our chosen markets. We provide award winning services to the clean water, wastewater, gas, digital networks and highways sector and are passionate about working alongside our client’s and partners to maintain the utility services essential to modern life.
This vacancy has arisen in the Slough/Oxford region
About the Role –
We are looking for an experienced Waste-Water Jetting Technician / HGV Class Driver, if you hold a *Class 1 or 2 HGV licence, have problem-solving, listening, critical thinking, teamworking abilities and a customer focussed approach. Also, as you need to operate machinery, excellent hand-eye coordination and concentration are essential skills.
Hours of work: 50 hours per week, Monday – Friday, overtime at the weekends available.
Responsibilities – but not limited to:
· All aspects of Jetting and CCTV works
· Daily vehicle checks
· Responsible for the onsite Health and safety of the team
· Carry out on site risk assessment
· On site investigations, lifting manholes, tracing sewers and mapping, cleaning, and putting cameras down sewer pipes
· Relaying all information back onto the system as well as photos and CCTV footage
· Competent in using an electronic device – laptop / tablet for data entry purposes
· Excellent housekeeping, whilst adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures
· Providing positive and innovative input to the team
· Ensuring safety issues are reported in line with Company procedures
· Being very hands on – driving the HGV and operating machinery
Experience and qualifications require for the role:
· HGV class 1 or 2 driving license essential
· Experience of working in jetting
· Excellent listening and communication skills
· Competent in IT, accurate data entry
· Team player
· Positive, can-do attitude
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to work to deadlines, and be reactive to the business needs
· Physical fitness, with lots of energy!
What you will get in return
In joining the Sapphire Family, you will be working as part of National Award-Winning Utilities Organisation, who recognise a good work ethic and positive attitude. You will be joining a company that has grown significantly over the last decade.
Death in Service
Employee Assistance Programme
Perk Box – discounts and benefits
Holiday Allowance + bank holidays
Full PPE is provided
Job Type: Full-time
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Slough, Berkshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)