Due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit within the Commercial department, based in Preston, Lancashire. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with good communication skills and a positive attitude.
To support the valuation of works undertaken, cost capture, management of subcontractors and maintenance of accurate records.
Support Commercial best practice to maximize value and minimize risk and cost for both Sapphire and our customers and assisting operational management team as required.
· Everyone is responsible for continuous improvement, to enable a safe efficient and rewarding environment
· Ensure Sapphire’s Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to and promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant and consistent working practices.
· To understand and adhere to policies, procedures, processes and standards to deliver performance ethically, compliantly, competently and with pride in ‘doing the right thing’.
· To operate in an open- and even-handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences. Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential.
· To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working. To listen to each other and share knowledge, enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain.
· Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times. To always do what is right.
· To take personal responsibility and accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
· To establish a work environment where safety, health and customer service are naturally the first priority and to proactively take responsibility to ensure the safety and health of self and others.
- Support Senior QS and wider commercial team
- Support operations management team
- Assist in the valuation of works
- Assist in production of Applications for Payment
- Assist production of cost reporting
- Assist collection and collation of data
- Support Subcontract procurement and payment
· Maintain accurate records
· Promote team working environment
· Promote safety culture
· HNC in Quantity Surveying or similar desirable but not necessary
· More than 1-year experience in construction/utilities industry desirable
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Ability to manage own time and work to business priorities and deadlines
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic approach to people and projects
- Team player
- Forward thinking and keen to develop smarter delivery of work
- Commercially and financially aware
- Well organised
- Highly motivated
- Good communicator
- Takes responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude towards problem solving
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Preston, PR5 6BQ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)