Sapphire Utilities are looking for Build Managers for their Telecoms Division
Your role will be to assure that the Build Partners are working to robust delivery plans and to ensure the objectives of those plans are met in full by managing numbers deployed and productivities achieved. All Build and HSEQ milestone dates and cost targets need to be met.
· Assess build designs for suitability in accordance with required minimum standards
· Ensure build delivery plans are adhered to by way of appropriate resourcing (LPMSO)
· Ensure the highest standards of HSEQ performance are achieved
· Liaison with Principal Designer when overcoming unforeseen and necessary adjustments
· Manage sign off and handover of completed NOIs and Clusters
· Liaison with Design partner for queries and changes to issued designs
· Take responsibility for the effective management and timely execution of all network adjustments
· Joint site visits with Build Partner to validate the requested designs. Up to and including full cluster and spine walk-offs
· Ensure all delivery plans meet project needs with appropriate rectification as necessary
· Ensure builds remain within budget with effective CE management
· Adherence to contract, policies and legislation
· Daily progress monitoring with weekly reporting
· Take responsibility for full compliance with E20 audit regimes working closely with Sapphire HSEQ leads
· Perform incident and near miss investigations identifying and action on root cause analysis
· Support the QS in administering the commercial aspects of the contract, including Compensation Events, Early Warning Notices, risk reduction meetings etc.
· Ensure auxiliary services are provided when required
· Working closely with the onboarding team. Support with inductions of Contractor staff including all operational requirements e.g. APX training
· Co-ordinating with internal resource regarding programme dependant activities e.g. Street Works / Stock requirements / auxiliary services / Civils (de-silts and blockages etc)
· Monthly stock takes to confirm materials held by Build Partners
· Support the Head of Delivery in maintaining accurate current and planned build programme
Knowledge & Experience
· Previous experience in successfully managing large FTTH projects
· In-depth experience of telecoms networks including all required Telecom accreditations.
· Must have the ability to identify risks and introduced sufficient controls to manage risk
· NRSWA knowledge and experience with an understanding of excavation and reinstatement
· Familiar with FTTP/H PIA type builds
· Competent in managing contractors and direct labour who undertake fibre & pole surveys, rodding and roping, pulling, splicing fibre and civils activities
· Computer literate Microsoft applications Excel and Word.
· Diligent and thorough in review and entry of data onto IT systems.
Specific Skills Required for the Job
· Self-motivated with good organisational skills.
· Capable of supporting and sharing knowledge when overcoming challenges
· Able to take competing demands and prioritise workload and opportunities accordingly
· Has a “customer-first” and collaborative working mindset
· Excellent stakeholder management skills
· Able to engage stakeholders such as local authority inspectors and local residents
· Takes ownership and operates proactively to deliver high quality work
· Competent in the use project management tools
· Able to challenge in a positive and constructive manner.
· Strong English language speaker essential
· Full UK driving licence
· Understands engineering disciplines (e.g. design, work planning, work delivery) and understands the role of MI in delivering high quality services
This role is working full time based in the South Yorkshire Region.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday